Jean Nouvel, Ricardo Bofill, Rafael Moneo, Fermín Vázquez, MBM Arquitectes, Jordi Badia, Josep Benedito, Batlle & Roig, David Chipperfield, Rahola Vidal and Enric Ruiz-Geli: can all these chefs cook up a unique, tasty stew?
* Discover the newest Barcelona architecture!
* Listed as one of the world’s top five architecture tours by The Sydney Morning Herald.
* Walking tour led by practicing architects, most of whom are professors of architecture as well as architecture critics. This variety of top professionals provides a wide spectrum of knowledge on a huge range of topics that only Barcelona Architecture Walks can provide.
This is an urban walking reflection on the main aims of urbanism and how they have been applied in the 22@ district in Poblenou. This was once a neighborhood full of small factories that is now being revitalized in an attempt to recapture the spirit of it’s industrial heyday.
While we try to catch some of the stardust coming off the Media-TIC building (2011 WAF winner: World Building of the Year) and rub shoulders with architecture’s brightest stars, we’ll talk about independence, patents, parametric architecture, cradle to cradle, superblocks, the carbon footprint and, of course, Ildefons Cerdà, the Master and Founder of Barcelona’s gridded plan.
* With every BARCELONA & THE FUTURE booking you win a 10% discount voucher to be use in any other Walk!*
– MEETING POINT will be outside of the Disseny Hub entrance at Plaça de les Glòries (metro L1, Glòries). Link to Google Maps
– We offer Regular Tours every Monday starting at 4:00pm. Booking in advance is required to attend to these Walks.
– The walk is for a small group of travelers. However, if you prefer a 100% private tour, please book it through BOOK NOW!
– Maximum 20 people per Group tour.
– Kids under 12 can come along for free.
– The entire walk is wheelchair accessible.
– Languages: English (French, Catalan and Spanish are available in private tours).
– Whatever happens, the walk will not be canceled, even if it’s raining or snowing! The weather in Barcelona is usually very nice, but we recommend you bring along suitable protective gear in case we have some inclement weather during the walk.