2019 is over and we can’t wait to start the new year 2020. The beginning of a new year is a great time to start new projects! Everyone gets back to work with more energy and enthusiasm. For this reason, we would like to share highlights from this year with you.
· Last April the BAW inaugurated an special tour that we had put together for a group of 70 architects and engineers from the German firm PNG ARCHITEKTEN office, Barcelona & highlights tour. This is a tour designed to last 4, 6 or 8 hours where we visited the most important and emblematic sites.
· In May we launched a new special tour: Barcelona & the Sagrada Familia. A tour where you will enjoy the most emblematic and most visited monument in Barcelona led by a tour guide that specialized in “Modernismo”. On this tour of Barcelona and the church of the Holy Family you can chose the duration of the tour from 2,4,6 and 8 hours where we can also visit Park Güell, Hospital Sant Pau, Casa Mila and Casa Batllo.
· This 2019 we are celebrating our ninth anniversary. We started with a dream nine years ago to create an exciting adventure with Barcelona Architecture Walks, with a mix of love for our city and the desire make it known to all visitors who want to leave Barcelona with a unique souvenir; an enriching walk to really get to know our city.
· In September we make a collaboration with CuriosityStream.com, a program that streams the world’s top-tier history, science, and nature documentaries, for the documentary “The History of the Home”.They were interested in the work of Antoni Gaudi and his importance in architectural history; which is why they contacted Barcelona Architecture Walks.
· A few weeks ago a prestigious program called La Maison France 5, from French TV, contacted Miel Architects, founders of BAW, to include a house restoration of theirs, in their episode on houses in Catalonia. You can see Elodie Grammont in the video next to Miguel Angel Borras, explaining in specific details how the restoration took place.
· And our last and most important news that we would love to share is that for the 7th consecutive year we have received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019 for our passion! We are thrilled about this latest accomplishment.
We are very proud of our 2019 achievements, thank you for being a part of our success! All of our team members send you their best wishes for the holiday season and for the new year.
Happy New Year 2020!!!